Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Postman Rings Twice

The weather is not letting up this week. Stormy. Hmmmm. Not willing to tolerate the treadmill for three miles yesterday, I ventured forth. As I drove home from tutoring my student, I thought I might just be able to dress and beat the gathering storm. No such luck. As I ran, I thought about a great many things, but mostly I thought about the sleet blowing up my nose. Then, just after connecting with the Larkspur trail that ventures behind the residential area, the sun came out, a Jason Mraz song started playing, and I felt great for about three whole minutes. The wind was still blowing during my return home, but I felt a moment of triumph. Oh, I forgot to mention: I WENT OUT 45 SECONDS FASTER. Yep.

Today, I have no focus. I feel adrift. I have this job application to finish. I am frustrated because I have applied to this institution before, and they seem to have lost my info., so now I have to go through the tedious process of re-entering addresses, phone numbers. That made me lose focus even more. So, now I have decided to clean things, and even then I lose focus. I started washing the couch and left the water running in the sink because I was also doing the dishes and cleaning off the counters. Meanwhile, I started to prep for vacuuming my bedroom. You might say I have an attention problem. And now here I am writing, hoping for some sort of relief or inspiration. I feel a lack of inspiration in nearly every activity: teaching, job application, homework, preparing house for new house mate, the weekend. Blech. I need to run 2 miles today, too. I think I'll like that. I need some soccer. I need some adventure. And honestly, I can't even talk about politics anymore. It is making me apathetic, too. Not a good trend here. Reading Ellen Degeneres, bu that is kind of like chewing gum instead of eating dinner. Keeps you busy for awhile , but not satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment