Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday is blue.

Woke up in one of those funky moods this morning. Can't really explain. Probably need to run the bugs out.

SOoooOOO. I ran 5 Miles on Saturday. I have not run 5 miles--continuous--in my 40s. There was the Turkey Trot debacle last November, but I had to stop and walk, so that does not count. The run started out fine. I had good weather, good music, good feeling. I ran from home all the way to the Senior Center, part way around the loop at the park. Most of the time I felt good. Some twinges here and there, mostly in the shin splint area, which had me a bit concerned. The last mile was challenging. It felt awful in the moment. Then "All You Need is Love" started playing as I charged up the incline out of the tunnel. My first thought was that I needed a more uptempo song, but then I started thinking about it, listening to the lyrics; really focusing on them. And I remembered that is why I am on this journey. I love running. I love the peace that it gives me. I love that I am a better person when I have run, not only am I more centered, healthier, and confident but because of that I function in all my roles more effectively. So, in that last 4 or five minutes, as I could feel every joint screaming for relief, I thought, what a gift. How much longer will I be able to have this gift? And, as I limped up to my front door, I felt proud and happy and relieved.

How many things or people in your life make you feel these kind of good feelings? Family, friends, spirituality, music, nature... Better not let them languish into non-existence. You will lose them, my friends.

Here are some lyrics I was thinking about the last few days

At that time my heart was all broke
I looked like ashes and smelled like smoke
And I turned away from my loving kind
Tried to leave my body and live in my mind
But it's much too much emotion
To hold it in your hand
They've got waves out on the ocean
They're gonna wear away the land

Now I am back in my body, trying not to live in my mind all the time. I am so very fortunate to have friends who are willing to be there with me and for me. And, to be a mother to four amazing human beings who teach me every day to live in the present.

Sorry to get all sentimental on you. It is a very windy day, and I need to run, but I know it won't be easy. I am going to bundle up and get out there.

Oh, I finally figured out how to format paragraphs on this thing, so now I'll need to go back and edit. Yeah, I am technologically challenged.

All you need is love,

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment