Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happiness is...

"When you're Happy for No Reason, you bring happiness to your outer experiences rather than trying to extract happiness from them. You don't need to manipulate the world around you to try to make yourself happy. You live from happiness, rather than for happiness." - Marci Shimoff..

A friend of mine posted this on her wall earlier today, and it knocked me upside the head. I live in such a privileged world, where I can get in my car, drive to a destination and buy anything I really need. My children are healthy and happy. I live in a nice house. I have lovely things including this machine that I am using to write this message. I feel unsatisfied, at times because I want people and other such things, including myself, to be perfect. I want to be happy. But how long will I chase my tail in this pursuit? Forever, I think.

Today was the third run in a row. First time I have run three days in a row for YEARS. Beautiful day on the river trail today. The sun was shining and it smelled like spring. The music was great.

I am supposed to run 5 miles on Saturday, but I have a child care issue.. I can't imagine doing it on the track... Hopefully there will be some providence forthcoming. But 5 miles!!! Wow. See, I should be happy about that. Sigh.

Speaking of music. I am feeling a great lack of confidence. Probably just a side-effect of the general tail-chasing. I need to live in a spirit of being grateful, instead of the spirit of wanting.

Smile,

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment