Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

It's a Beautiful Day

Don't let it get away, as the song says. I think it was about 70 degrees today. I tried to spend as much time in the sun as possible, but I don't know if I can ever get enough this time of year. The winters are long, although, this winter has been plenty kind.

I wrote a new song today while I was sitting next to my middle school student, on their veranda, in the sun. Sometimes these tutoring assignments are too easy. Not complaining at all by the way. Just a nice kid, nice mom, respect and all that good stuff. He is super smart, but I think he just likes to be reassured. Pretty damn great job, I tell ya.

No running today. I contemplated it heavily because it was such good weather, but I think I am going to be able to coordinate the five-miler between Pokemon tournament and play date. Who knows what the possibilities are? Anyway, I needed the rest day to get me ready for the challenge. It is supposed to be in the mid-fifties tomorrow, which is perfect running weather. If I don't have to fight the wind, that would be a bonus.

I am really struggling with my choice between the reading endorsement and the ESOL. Compelling reasons for both paths, and I am avoiding the issue because I am so afraid of making the wrong decision. But that is my life in a nutshell--passionate and paralyzed. Good song though. Might share it someday.

Continued prayers for Garret and Penny. May all my beloved friends and family be well.
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment