Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Broken

Hello again my friends,
I hate to complain about something as lame as the weather, but really??? I don't remember so many days of blustery, cloudy ick in the season of spring. I don't care so much about the cold, but I can do without the wind and the rain. My plan was to do four miles today. I need to do at least three. Harumph. Maybe there will be a break in the weather later this afternoon. Say a little prayer. I know I can do it. It's temporary. 4 miles. That's all. Put on your shoes and go.

Oh, the blister. On Saturday after my run, and the consequent shower, I noticed the skin was completely dead, so I chopped it off. Underneath was healed. YAY. I have only run once since then, so I am hoping this is a good trend. I am noticing a little twingy-ness in my shins, so I think I am going to keep my mileage the same for a few more weeks. I also had some transient pain in my left knee yesterday, but I think I'm just feeling my age. Or maybe I could get that cross-training thing going finally.

I am having a frustrating experience with my college classes. I don't seem to be getting a good response from the administration and the communication there is pretty poor. Really hoping for a solution, but there is very little forthcoming at this point.

My boys are on their way for a visit. I have not seen them for nearly two months, so it will be great to catch up and hang out. The little ones will spend the night tonight, so it will definitely be busy, busy, busy for the next couple of days.

The weekend was fun. Went out to listen to The Substitutes on Saturday. Fun times with some of the Tommy gang. Our trivia team won a spot in the finals on Sunday night, which was really cool. I am becoming a more brave adventurer, getting involved in my community and trying new things. Now I just need to get off the internet and clean the house for awhile.

Or maybe I'll play a little guitar... :)

Peace,

Holly J

No comments:

Post a Comment