Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving my cyberstalkers :)


A year ago, I was here with all of my children. We went on a run. (I Like Pie) My oldest and I missed the turnaround and ended up running 5 miles instead of three. I was SO out of shape then. I was struggling and in pain. I thought: never again will I let myself be so unhealthy.

Here I am a year later, 40+ lbs lighter, new job, new friends and love in my life. I'm still making mistakes. I'm still struggling financially. But I still have hope.
I did the same run on my own today. Not as fun, because I missed my kids. But still affirming.

I have been forgiven. For this I am thankful and yet I feel bewildered that I could be. So I am going forward, one step at a time. I can't really say much more than that. I am still working bits and pieces in my mind. But I do know I must be true. To everyone, myself included.

On this day I am thankful that all of my children are alive, and (mostly) healthy, and that they are so intelligent and giving (and FUNNY!!). I am thankful that I have friends that are concerned for me when I am down, and who make me laugh and share moments with me that enrich my life.

I want to walk through this next year becoming healthier on the inside, just as I have been able to get healthier on the outside.

Diet: less escape, more integrity
Exercise: give, write, reflect

Thank you,

hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment