Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Moment

I'm not even going to mention the little things that went wrong today. The things that a person, especially at a new job, just smiles and says, "Hey, no problem, I can handle it!!!" And other stupid stuff that..., oh forget it. But it's harder when you don't have that positive emotional reserve. I handled it, but that was the best acting I have done in years.

Still haven't been running. Hope to get to the shoe store tomorrow. Actually I could have squeezed a run in today, but, you know...

Cried, cried, cried. And I hate to cry. But I am telling you people, I am suffering. Because it is my fault. I suffer when others hurt me, but I can step away and say "it's not me", or something like that.

But is was me. And it was so idiotic. It was a moment.

I remember trying to explain to one of my reading groups just a few weeks ago the meaning of the word "moment". It is an instant, and yet it can last forever.

I can't travel back in time and change that moment. But, I tell you. If I could, I would give almost anything to do it.


I heard the song "Lego House" today for the first time, while driving, listening to the radio.


You should check it out.


Peace,

hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment