Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

Karma on a Monday

I had to be awake at 7am this morning. I went to sleep about 3am. Then I was Zombie mother for an hour and a half, and managed to get the children off to school.

Two emails awaited me as I tried to begin my day. First, The TSPC (teacher licensing people) just informed me that my license renewal did not go through. UGH. And, if we don't fix it by May 5th, I lose the $175 fee and have to pay again. Needless to say, it is a good thing I am unarmed. Second, the San Juan River does not have enough water in it. Why does this matter? Because I was supposed to be floating down it in the near future. This is disappointing to say the least. Unless there is a miracle rainstorm, the deal is off. Maybe it will turn into something even more spectacular...

So, after my little injury I had three of the greatest runs. I ran two, three, then four miles!! I was pretty stoked. Took Saturday off, of course, but worked my bootie off cleaning the storage area and the shed. I was feeling pretty powerful. The only time I could run yesterday was at 4pm and it was 80 degrees. Still did three miles, though. Felt like I was going to vomit, and/or lose bladder control, but hey, I made it through. Today was hot as well, but I managed to get out there before noon.

Oh, but wait, I forgot to mention that I was a total cranky person by the end of Saturday. Rude, insensitive. Yep. I have apologized to everyone. But really. Not attractive at all. I blame it on lack of food and surging hormones, but I really think I should be better than that. I hate it when I play the idiot.

The weather has been beautiful these past few days.

The great thing I should mention was Friday night. The kids and I picnicked at Drake Park. The sun was setting. It was beautiful. The kids ran and played and found an echo spot. They laughed and made silly jokes. We eventually walked up to Powell's and Ethan chose gummy bears and Ellie went for the cotton candy machine. We walked for a few blocks, and I realized we might catch my friend Tia celebrating her birthday. And, I was right. They were all sitting outside, so told the kids to watch me. I started singing "Happy Birthday" to her. They did not recognize me at first, but it was a nice moment. Hugs all around, the kids staring at us like we were aliens. We laughed all the way home. I want to put those hours in a time capsule, so I can remember them when I am old and they are a lesser part of my life.

But more importantly, I want them to remember the good times, and not a Zombie or a crank.

One step closer to knowing,

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment