Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I completed a 3-2-3. That means 8 miles in 3 days. However, the fatigue was still there on the run yesterday. The wind was blowing, but I still should have felt better than I did. I was happy that it wasn't raining or snowing, and the wind was only medium-blustery. I had some great random songs to help me through it. Man, I don't know how I used to run without my little nano. I used to make fun of people like me. I may have mentioned that before.

After the run I went to band practice. I could barely sing. I felt dizzy and sick. My hands started to shake. I didn't want to seem like a baby, so I didn't say much of anything, but toward the end, I thought I might pass out. I was so glad to go home. I had just a bite of food--literally-- and then I started to feel a bit better. I made myself a large, spicy dinner. I started to feel much better. I was still tired, but I was able to get the kids off to bed and then rally to finish the paper that was due by midnight. It was initially hard to get out of bed this morning, but once I was up, I felt pretty energized. I swept and mopped all the floors, dusted and vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen. I feel okay now, but I am wondering what the run will be like tomorrow.

The next couple of days will be busy. Students, more homework, getting ready for Easter. Seems like most things are planned and ready to go, so tonight, I might just relax and read a book. Crazy, I know. I have not even been able to talk literature for quite some time, as I have been reading textbooks and writing papers and responses.

It is so great to have my little ones back. That bone-deep loneliness I felt is gone. What will I do when they grow up? I suppose things will have changed by then, and they will have spent many days away, and won't need me hardly at all. But, let's not think of that, shall we? Let's think of Wednesday afternoons with slurpees and popcorn and cuddles on the couch.

Until next time,

Holly J

No comments:

Post a Comment