Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Where did the week go?

Hello my anonymous onlookers,

I really don't want to sink back in to old bad habits, but I think I have been heading that direction. My week was a distracted mess. I know this was partially due to the return of my chronic insomnia. It really leaves my brain muddled and usually leads to headaches. I got to the end of the week and wondered, what did I do this week? My music is suffering too. I have hardly practiced and this is really not the time to slow down. My school work was not the best either. I have to admit I am burnt out with this online business, and I'm only half way through. My upcoming vacation will hopefully help all of this inertia when it comes to motivation.

On the plus side, I met my running goal, getting back to 14 miles this week. I did not do the 3-2-3. My musculoskeletal system is not ready for that apparently. Especially after the 4 miler at the beginning of the week. I am really learning some lessons in paying attention and taking it slow. (Again, in running and in life.) I still have not gotten myself into any cross training either. Not anything structured, anyway.

I saw "The Hunger Games" last night. I have read all three of the books and loved them. I sometimes feel embarrassed to admit it, because it is considered "Young Adult Literature", but whatever. At any rate, I did enjoy the movie on the whole. The beginning seemed a little weird to me, but once it got going, I liked it quite a bit. I feel like so much was left out, but it was nearly 2.5 hours long and you can only do so much...

Most exciting: RIVER TRIP!!!! Going to voyage on the San Juan River this May. I cannot really describe how excited I am to be on a river trip again. Makes me very, very happy.

Disappointed about no trivia tonight, but on the plus side, there will be improv.

My mind is full of so many thoughts about my life: direction, meaning, etc. I want to act in good conscience, with integrity. I guess I feel a little guilty about all the spare time I have to make a change in the world, or even just in my little family. My son was really testing the limits this week and I am feeling a bit unnerved, and afraid of the changes that I need to make and how he will endure them. Parenting is not for sissies, people.

Time to meditate, I guess.

Have a great week.

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment