Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Running this past week was nothing to be proud of. But since I start my running "week" on Saturday, I am doing well so far this week. Four miles yesterday and not much, if any, residual twinges, etc. I have decided not to run today, as I trudged up and down the hill at Wanoga Snow park for about two hours, and judging by my smell, I worked out plenty. And I have Improv tonight. See all the justification!!!

Tomorrow is supposed to be a lovely day, other than the fact that I have to get up at 7am. Ugh. It is all in the interest of harmony, though. And maybe I'll get a big fresh, start on the day. (hahaha) So tomorrow I am going to start another 3-2-3 and see how it goes. Really need to get the core work in, though. My body is talking to me. Particularly my back. And there is some opposition from the right lower leg which I am wondering if it's shinsplints or just weakness from my injury. At any rate, denial is the key.

Mmmm. See, another theme. Denial. Some of us are so good at it, we can scarcely face the truth. It always turns up again, though. "Like a bad penny", as they say. Staring you right in the face, smiling, wooing you with it's eyes. Enough!

I am really staring to freak out about performance anxiety. On stage, yes. But if I start freaking out about freaking out, does that cancel it out? i think not. Maybe I need to create the onstage persona, instead of being me. That's probably how all those famous folks do.



Over and out,

Holly J

No comments:

Post a Comment