Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool

April Fools are rampant. Like the one typing right now. I apologize.

I did not run yesterday as I was not mentally there. Basically, just not feeling it. So I went out to dinner, came home, and paid homage to my brother, Kendall Jackson, with a bottle of his wine and a stupid movie. Just as he would have liked it. Cheers, my brother.

I slept for about 8 hours and then just lay in bed for awhile thinking. I feel pretty humbled right now. Thank you and I am sorry, my friends, for my attitude these past few days. I have been acting like a spoiled child.

Just returned from a 3 mile run. I feel like it straightened me out a bit. The wind was (again) blowing from nearly every direction and I was struggling hard to feel good. And there is the metaphor for my life again. Why am I struggling so hard to feel good?

When did I stop seeing things as a challenge and start carrying burdens?

I was working on my dryer for two weeks, hitting that reset button over and over again, but did not find the problem. Two twisted coils, sitting too close, creating too much heat.
Okay, enough metaphor for one day. I am making myself ill with all this stupidity.

Sunday, April 1st. Still running. Still have a roof overhead. Still have four healthy children. Still have a good number of friends to listen, to share, to make me laugh when I need it most. Still have hope.

Thank you again, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment