Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Off the Grid

Hello there!

It has been awhile. The week after my last post I was frantically preparing to be gone for 11 days, and I returned home just two days ago. The trip was amazing. The water level came up, so we agreed to go for it. We packed up the car and left on Monday morning. First day drove 11 hours and stopped in Salt Lake City. An interesting town. So clean. Tuesday we arrived in Bluff, Utah to rig our boats for launch on Wednesday morning. Tuesday night I saw the brightest shooting star I have ever seen, and I interpreted it as a good sign. I won't recount the whole trip today, as I have homework to catch up on. Stay tuned...

I have not yet heard from TSPC, but let's hope the license went through. Job prospects are on the horizon. Say a little prayer.

I ran the day before I left, and then ran the day after I returned. I am a little sore after my second day back (today), but I did do some hiking in the canyons and rowing on the river that used all sorts of different muscles, so I don't think I lost much endurance. I think I am ready to bump up to some 5 mile runs. I would really like to find a new course though. I am thinking of the canal, though that would leave a serious hill at the end of the run. Might do the Happy Girl 5k.

My little girl really missed me. She said she cried at night and sang our favorite songs. Makes my heart ache to think of it. My son went on a field trip to the Portland Zoo and had a great time. This is a big step for him. I am very encouraged. He also turned 10 years old yesterday. It is hard to believe we brought that little bald-headed bundle home 10 years ago today.

I will write more about my adventures in the next week. The trip altered my life in many ways. I am grateful and humbled.

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment