Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hey,
Thanks to everyone who responded to my post yesterday. So many positive words, things to meditate upon and other such lovely love.

I woke up this morning, with strange dreams clouding my mind. The theme of which seems to be me not measuring up in some way. Varied locations, different characters, but all disapproving or causing me anxiety, making me feel like I don't measure up.

So, that is what my subconscious is feeding me.

Anyway, I have a ton of inspiration, and while today was no pinnacle of discipline, it was definitely a huge source of truth. There were things that I loved to hear, and then things that I did not really want to hear, though I knew before I heard them, they were true. But that is the way life is. Acceptance is the hardest part for the dreamers. We want it to be perfect and full of love. But sometimes, you get affirmation along with the brutal truth. It's real.

One story I totally forgot about and need to share. My daughter, who is 8, asked me as we were fooling around on the piano last week, if I knew the song "Imagine" (Actually, she quoted, "the one that goes 'imagine all the people'..."). I was initially stymied that she did not know that I had probably played that song in the car, at home, a gajillion times in the last 8+ years. But I said that I did know it. I plunked it out on the piano for her, feeling my way through the chords. We sang. I asked "Where did you hear it?" She replied,"I dunno, on the radio or something." One of the most important songs of all time. At 8, she seemed to really get it. This girl will break my heart over and over again. Glad to have her. And all of my kids wring me out---in a good way. Just wish I could do them justice. But, I haven't given up yet.


You may say I'm a dreamer
But i'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment