Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday night

You know, sometimes life gives you a really good idea about people: in specific and in general.

Bad week for running, but good week for introspection. Although I do need to mention I scored the most amazing goal in my soccer game this week, which was only overshadowed by some less than stellar defensive moves. Anyway, I really want to get back in the running groove, because my lack of endurance is translating to not kicking buttocks on the field.

In the work world...I turned down the driver's ed position. Too much unpaid investment, especially when the kids are still so young. Tutoring thing coming on, feeling obligated, not excited. But things at Juniper are looking up, so I am happy about that, because I like it there, and I finally feel a part of something.

My final thoughts are of the political. I am horribly disappointed in the legislature. I feel like it is my generations' time to step up and change things. We need to fire them all. The healthcare issue is just a litmus test of how ignorant everyone is. I am only encouraged by the disapproval rate, but what does that really mean?

Oh, and my really final thoughts are of my writing project. I am pretty stoked about it. I need to schedule it in on a regular basis, like running.

And then there is love... I am discovering all kinds of love, and also the meaning of friendship in concert with how alone I am in the world.

Heavy thoughts for a Friday night.

Hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment