Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Just might get some sleep tonight...

Well.

All things being said, I am holding steady. I have not run quite as much as I planned, but still keeping on. The weather is getting warmer, so I will have to start running earlier. (HA!) I am not a morning person. At any rate, today was not horrible. It was only in the mid-70s. but I had already been outside for recess and field day, which was about three hours straight. And I got a little sunburned, because I somehow forgot about sunblock. Probably a bit dehydrated as well. whatever. But, I went running. And the Grateful Dead "A Friend of the Devil" was playing... But, I did run. And I was glad.

Got me to thinking about so many things. So many times that I have let myself be tempted. What form does temptation take for you? I think I have entertained them all at one time or another, most vices that can drag you down. But when I look back on these past few years I see so much strength. I have had bad days, don't get me wrong. But I have had so many good days lately. Even when they don't feel good, I have risen to the occasion. I thank all of those whose kind words have encouraged me to let go of the things that hold me back.

So, to end the story about the talent show, it went well. I won't go into the details of the day because I am in recovery from my addiction to drama. She sang. I played. I felt good. She did too. There was no support from her father toward me, but I didn't expect it. See how I stopped expecting?!! I returned them at the normal drop off time, and my little girl was waiting for me at recess today, like usual. What else is there in the world? Oh, I know, many things. But, my kids get me out of bed in the morning. And keep me from driving off into the Crooked River Canyon.

What else? Many trips coming up. Work situation still in flux. Relationship is intact. Better, I think(?), but I am hesitant to place any bets at this point. Plus, I am not a gambler.

Repeat the mantra: That's what she says, but sometimes, she forgets.

Hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment