Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

Eight Year Old

Today was my little girl's 8th birthday. We pierced her ears, an 8-year-old rite of passage, I guess. I was 8.

As she gets older I realize the things I had experienced as a girl at each age. Glad to say she has had much more positive things in her life, and that I am aware of how important I am in her growth, in her personhood. I am also aware of how much love can play a part in your life---the degree to which you can grow when given the chance.

So, I don't have a lot more to say. Played a good game of soccer yesterday, for myself, anyway. I laughed with some girls nearly half my age who are twice as smart, and who are generous and kind. I am already exhausted and yet have much to do. But I am inspired by my possibilities.

hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment