Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2012

Sweet Relief

I finished my research paper a little after 4 am on Wednesday morning. While there are a few loose ends in terms of completing the reading endorsement for my license, my coursework is finished. I just realized today what a great weight had been lifted from my shoulders, and how much time I spent consumed with trying to be a student while also being a mother, a teacher, have a relationship, spend time with friends (which is necessary for my survival) and try to run a household. My relief is indescribable.

I was unable to run this week until today. I squeezed in in between work and picking the kids up, and then went right on to tutoring. But, the run was so nice. I just really appreciated and enjoyed the sun, the lack of wind, the music in my ears, my ability to keep on running. I hope and pray it will continue.(Immediate feeling of jinxing myself)

I took my kids out to dinner to acknowledge and appreciate their patience. I am so happy that I won't have to spend hours on my laptop, saying, "I'll be there in a minute"... And then we went to seek out a free Xmas tree which turned out to be an odyssey of wood chopping and trying to defy physics, eventually ruining my Xmas tree stand. We can only hope we make it through, without it falling.

And in the "life changing moments" category: The furniture has been rearranged and my hair cut. The process with the furniture was a little horrifying. The amount of dust, cat hair, and other detritus. Embarrassing. Cut me to the quick. Another result of my focus on my classes. Anyway, I love the result. I think it changes the focal point of the home. And more clutter has been eliminated. More and more I see how I was clinging to things.

And the hair... It was suggested to me that I cut it short. And to just be honest, I was immediately resistant because it was suggested to me by my boyfriend. I had long ago decided that I don't cut my hair for a man. But, I felt like my hair was another thing I needed to let go of. It is only hair. And I felt like I have made so many positive changes in 2012, letting go of old patterns, that maybe the long hair was just another thing I was holding on to. It is a big thing for me. Sure, it grows, and I can always wear it long again, but I am glad I did it, if only for the experience.

I am long winded tonight. I need to get some rest and finish off this week.

Good night my friends,

hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment