Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dreaming of a peaceful Xmas

Just a few hours after I wrote my last post 20 children were gunned down in an elementary school in Connecticut. Six adults were also killed, teacher and other school staff. I was already not in a great mood, up late, thinking too much about the things I can't control, and this unspeakable thing greeted me as I went to my elementary school to work.

I still feel numb and helpless. I know I am supposed to be thankful for what I have and hold my children closer, but that does not make me feel any better. I want the guns to be gone. I know it may not make sense, but that is what I want. I know that people die every day from other causes that could be cured by something as simple as antibiotics, and I know that more people die every day in traffic accidents.

Other frustrating things made it an unhappy day; little things. I don't feel like going into it, because it is tedious.

I am trying to talk myself into running today, as I probably would be good for me. It has been snowing lightly all day, and the trail might be slippery.

There is much cleaning and decorating to do, and a bit of frivolity tonight, listening to a friend play in his band.

Take care my friends,

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment