Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Shape of a Heart

I went running today. I could not fit one in the last several days. Too much happening. Well, you can always make it happen if you're willing to get up at some early hour or sacrifice more time with your loved ones. Me, I make my choices. Anyway, it was a nice day for December. Sunny and cold. I was feeling my muscles stretch, listening to the music, glad to be able to run. I had many thoughts about many things. I saw a heart shaped puddle left over from our many days of rain.

I was thinking earlier today: the term "hopeless romantic" makes no sense. Because you can't be a romantic without hope. So, then I heard this song

People speak of love don't know what they're thinking of
Wait around for the one who fits just like a glove
Speak in terms of belief and belonging
Try to fit some name to their longing
People speak of love

You keep it up
You try so hard
To keep a life from coming apart
And never know
What breaches and faults are concealed
In the shape of a heart

People speak of love don't know what they're thinking of
Reach out to each other though the push and shove
Speak in terms of a life and the learning
Try to think of a word for the burning

---Jackson Browne


I hold onto hope. I am not sure exactly why, except that I always have, and would not want to be a hopeless or bitter person.

hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment