Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2012

Just another manic Monday

Ugh.

The last 24 hours have been a taxation on my mind and body. First, the brutal soccer game in which I played the entire first half and most of the second, only to be hit in the head again---the same spot---in the last moments. Felt spacey and dizzy and a little nauseous. I could have just been hungry and tired, but then the headache came back and I pretty much have to keep the acetaminophen and ibuprofen strong in the veins so I can function. So then I had to come home and prepare for this meeting the next day, and I was just tired and achy and didn't feel like schoolwork. But I had to do it because it's a non-negotiable thing.

Then I get a text at 8am asking if I can pick up the kids today because his girlfriend's daughter had her baby. I don't normally post this personal stuff, but really???

I know, first world problems of a divorced, half-employed, middle aged, (continue inserting adjectives).... woman.

I would to have loved to run today. The weather was gorgeous. I would go now, but I have other things I need to do and it is dark. I have not run in the dark here for ages, and never from this neighborhood, so I am not exactly enticed to do so.

I am at least three kinds of grumpy, so I better chill out and gain some perspective quickly.

Peace,

hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment