Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Busy, busy bee

Whew! I can't believe it was a weekend. It was like a week of a weekend. All four children in the house leads to exhaustion, so everyone forgive me for my energy level. But, I laughed and cooked, and generally had a wonderful time.

I am working on a Literature Review for my masters program. It is about parent volunteerism at the high school level. My parents never volunteered at any level that I can remember, but I have been one for my little ones the last few years. The number of volunteers decrease as children age through the school system. In addition there is a certain amount of exclusion due to race, language barriers, socio-economic level, etc. I am hoping to do a project in one of the high schools that welcomes parent volunteers from all walks of life, and educates school staff and administration how to best use volunteers.

Running? A little. I found my old running schedule from back in the old days, so I think I'm going to try it again with the minute vs. mile approach. I would like to do a 5k in June and a 10 in August/Sept. There are many other things on my mind, but I am still processing. Life is changing once again. Holly j

No comments:

Post a Comment