Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2013

How do you spell coo-coo?

I am trying so hard to convince myself to run today. I was doing so well, but now am struggling with a general feeling of ick. I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me.

I did get a lot accomplished yesterday and today. Things I did not even feel like doing. I went to bed early---for a Friday night--- and actually was out of bed and in the shower by 9:30, which is truly amazing. Ran some errands, did some household fixes. Now I feel like I have run out of steam. Not tired, exactly, but mentally, the zing has gone out. I know it's partially because I am hungry, but don't want to eat until I go running, though, so I'm in a quandary. I know I need to, probably will, but thought I'd guilt myself by writing about it.

I am enjoying my job more and more, but also liking tutoring less and less. This is not a good thing. It makes my days long and makes me cranky. Then, I feel tired when I get home and let things go that need to be done. Sigh…
Here's hoping I take some time today and tomorrow to catch up so I can take the day off and have some fun on Monday.

My daughter and I had a little disagreement. She wanted to go to "Open Gym" today. She has been talking about it for weeks. I took her, and after about 15 minutes, she was just standing by the wall, doing nothing. She was pouting because she had no one to play with. She never informed me that this was a requirement for her having fun. It really irritated me because she does this sometimes. We do something that she is excited about doing, but if it does not go exactly the way she wants it to, it's ruined. I don't like this kind of behavior at all. So that bums me out too. It is the same with her expectations of herself: perfectionism. I am struggling to parent our way out of this.

When I think of the things that bother me, I try to tell myself, "What would you say to a friend if she came to you with the same problem?

I guess I'd tell her to go running and clear her mind, and realize you cannot control everything. Try to have a good day without letting the things you can't control drive you coo-coo (sp?).


No comments:

Post a Comment