Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Love and other stuff

I haven't been writing, but trust me I have been thinking. A lot.

For the running part, I have managed at least two or three runs a week, just keeping it around 3 miles, nuthin special. At this point I am just trying for the discipline; more the Zen of running than trying to break any records. There are no races soon, but I am very tempted to sign up for the Dirty Half Marathon. Though my attempts in the past have resulted in crushing my bones. Maybe 44 year old bones are better.

Also, as of last week I am playing soccer twice a week, so that counts for speed workouts. And boy, do I feel it the next day. I really need to stretch more. I had this amazing Swedish massage last month and to my surprise the tightest muscles were in my calves.

For the other parts, I am still struggling with child support, anticipating other financial issues, and hoping that I can just truly be happy and still be myself. I tend to sacrifice for others, and then, paradoxically have these moments of utter selfishness.

God grant me the serenity...

I love my job. I wish they would just bring me on full time and let me do my thing. These kids touch me so deeply. And the staff I work with are so kind and genuine. How was I ever so cynical? Sigh. Wasted time. Even during the surprise observations I had today, I felt: show love.

Now for the really cool: I became a Godmother this week. My most beloved baby cousin, Rashelle, gave birth to a son. She asked me to be the Godmother, and I still tear up when I think of it. God bless you, baby Leo. if your parents love you half as much as I have loved your Mama, you will be a happy boy.

All there is is love. The sooner you realize it, the happier you will be. Trust me.

hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment