Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012

MacArthur Park

Donna Summer died this morning. What a beautiful voice she had. Only 63.
Last Dance, Donna.

Ugh. I have so much to do. And today turned out to be some wasted time. Well, okay not completely wasted. I am just feeling overwhelmed in this moment, and disappointed in those who could have made it easier for me. But I guess I just have to Little Red Hen the next few days away. And, I should. I have the debt that I owe the universe for all that I have:

"It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got." (little bit of Zen from Sheryl Crow)

Running has been pretty good. I came back after 11 days and, if I get to run tomorrow, I will get a 16 mile week in. That means it's time to get serious. I thought the Happy Girl was next weekend, but I guess it's Sunday, so I am not going to do it, as all four of the kids will be here. However, I'll probably get to run during the weekend, which is nice. I don't think I am quite ready for a race anyway. I must mention that I am able to wear those containers of clothing I have been saving for however many months or years. That is definitely a good thing. Getting back to my fighting weight. Not that the number matters, but I feel light and strong.

My apathy is fading, getting back into school. Still no job.

Remembering a night on the river when the moon rose over the canyon wall. So magical.

Oh, and the Main Salmon waits for me in July.

I shall return. (Another MacArthur reference, in case you did not know)

HollyJ

No comments:

Post a Comment