Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

One little step for Holly, one giant leap for...space

I went running today.

Finally.

My knee is sore, because I am so out of shape that the muscles are letting the bones wander a bit. But I did it. Current plan is to get at least a brisk walk in tomorrow, play soccer on Thursday, and then depending on how I feel, run again Friday or Saturday. Maybe even some weights, as one friend suggested.

Soccer went well. We did not win, but for our first game, it was ok. We had a nice comeback in the 2nd half. I have to play with more confidence. I like that team. I want to earn my keep and not play like an old lady.

Other than that, things are pretty much the same. Job is still a bit frustrating with more changes to come. And I think I better start being Mary Sunshine, or people will get sick of my diatribe about needing hours, benefits, etc. I plan to make banana bread on Thursday night to cheer everyone up on Friday.

A sad thing has been happening the past week or so. I have realized that I don't really have many friends that don't want/expect anything from me. How did it end up this way? I feel cranky about it. I hate saying "no", but otherwise, I compromise myself.

Still making changes. The house is in disarray. I really want to just start pitching things in the garbage, but I don't want to be completely irresponsible. I just need clean, clear space in my life.
I need one of those clutter nazis to shove me around and force me to let it go. Let all the clutter go. Create space in my mind.

That's all for now. Tomorrow is an early day. Maybe I'll walk the butte before school!!

Prayers, thoughts and meditations are always welcome.

Hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment