Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

A lot going on here.

Well, first of all the running. I went the three mile distance again today and then on a walkabout. It is a good thing. I need to wear  myself out apparently. (The sleep meds I'm using only last four hours, so guess when I wake up? Four hours after taking it.) I think I have slept better on the nights I run or play soccer. Anyway, it was wind and rain and a good playlist. I was slow, but still happy that I followed through. So, I think I'll walk up the butte tomorrow and run on Tuesday. Then we'll see how I feel.

Speaking of soccer. We barely lost on Thursday. One of our lovely strikers, who is probably at least 15 years younger, was so positive. "It's only our second game!" she said. I really need to stop taking things so personally. But I also want to be more effective, because who knows how much longer I can play?   Sidenote: I had a secret fan present. Interesting.

Work is...um...well, it is work. Can't say much at this juncture, but I am hoping and praying and putting some real energy into what could be a positive change. It's very hard to want something badly and know it probably won't happen. But if you never try for what you really want, then I think you have already lost. I am a black hole optimist.

The rest...
Still sorting through all my life, physically, mentally, emotionally. Love is challenging, no matter what shape or form it comes in. Defining friendship has been difficult lately. Setting boundaries can cost you.  But if a person does not respect them, then what kind of friend is that?

One last thing:
I have not touched my instruments (musical ones, stay with me here) for weeks. It was painful to even listen to music for a while, because it touches me so deeply. I hope I can get to the point where it comes back for me. There is a great musical coming up that I would like to audition for, but it calls for a major commitment and it would probably mean I can't go on river trips, which may not be an option anyway. I have a few weeks to decide.

ps. have 5 baby kittens to raise for the next month or so. The mama is here though, so its easy and good to help another bunch of little fuzzy beings.

Hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment