Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Friday, September 6, 2013

Pulling Taffy

No progress in running, and I am feeling SO incredibly fat, that I have to do it tomorrow or I may just jump off the highest place I can haul my body to (jk). But really, it's disgusting. I am going to need to stop this pity party and get on with my life.

These past 9 days have been just a lot of gut wrenching, soul searching kind of stuff that breaks a person down.

In addition, I started work on Wednesday, and with the addition of my son going to middle school, it has been like I am in a taffy pull, stretched out to the max. My day now starts at about 6:30 and keeps rolling until they go off to bed. I know that's just life. I didn't realize how easy i had it. However, if I did not have other stressors right now, I probably wouldn't be whining.

So, as I was whining, a friend asked me to write 15 things I am thankful for:

1. I am thankful that my kids are happy and healthy and that they love me, and they know I love them.
2. I am thankful to have a nice home to live in.
3. I am thankful to have a job that I usually enjoy.
4. I am thankful for my extended family who care about me.
5. I am thankful for my friends who support me unconditionally.
6. I am thankful to have a sound mind and body (for the most part).
7. I am thankful for the new realizations I have had and the path that I have been following.
8. I am thankful to have an education.
9. I am thankful to live in a beautiful place.
10. I am thankful for the freedoms that I enjoy.
11. I am thankful for yummy food.
12. I am thankful for laughter.
13. I am thankful for the many luxuries I enjoy.
14. I am thankful for those who don't really know me but are friendly and kind.
15. I am thankful for music.

I could go on, but right now I have things to do. I have to move forward.

I'll check in tomorrow and let you know if I went running. If I can get to sleep tonight that will be key. I have a wake up call at 10am, so perhaps that will motivate this lazy butt.

Hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment