Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Harry and Sally

In the movie "When Harry Met Sally" there is a scene where the main characters are talking about their recent break-ups of long term relationships.
(Paraphrasing)

Harry: Dont you miss him?
Sally: No, I really don't, and the more that I think about it, the more I am convinced that I did the right thing.
You know what I think? I think i miss the idea of him.

Harry: Maybe I miss the idea of Helen....(sighs) No, I miss the whole Helen.


I know for the time being, the pressure is lifted. I am not walking around the house, driving down the street, being reminded every moment. Returning home tomorrow is going to be gut wrenching. I thought for a few moments that maybe I just miss the idea of him. But, I miss everything.

One more day.

Hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment