Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Thumb sucker

Hello again, it's been awhile. Not much, how 'bout you?

I think my summer posts may be few and far between. I have some time to myself, but it seems filled with boring things like paying bills and other such junk. And, I guess this is not my priority over reposting funny things on Facebook. :P

I am trying to decide whether to run today. There are a lot of excuses I want to make: my foot hurts, it's icky outside, it's only four months until my next birthday and I am feeling old, I need to clean the cat box... I could certainly go on forever. But, It is definitely a mental thing. I know if I put my running gear on, I would probably step foot outside the door and jump right into it. There is so much swimming around in my mind right now, I could probably use the run. But, I sit here, writing this blog that is essentially an Internet Siberia.

I hate to even admit to self-pity, because it is such a First World type of issue that I am having. This feeling of being nearly 44 and not where I want to be. Oh, poor me, I have a house and four healthy children, and some great friends. I live in a beautiful place. I am not hungry or sick. I live in a free country. Ugh. Now I don't like me much.

More and more I have the feeling that I should be investing my time in something other than the things that entertain me. I am wondering if we are just a generation of self-soothers. ACK!

Well, I am going to soothe myself for a little while and then see what presents.

Until next time,

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment