Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bobbing along

The weekend is waning. It has been busy, busy with kid activities. These two are growing fast, and yet we still have a long way to go, the three of us, before we begin to part ways. I was thinking about what kind of people they are and what positive influence I have had. I think they have my sense of humor and love of a good story. Then immediately I start to think of what I wish for them, and why some of the things I would want for them are not happening. Certainly I could be a better example in some ways. How can I better lead them down the path of challenge and adventure? How will they really learn about hard work, with or without reward? I would also like them to have greater value for giving and kindness.

When I think of the way that I was parented, and try to examine the traits I developed, I can see my lack of confidence and my need to please. I was lucky, in that I encountered many people who were able to model better behavior. I hope my children have many good role models as well. I don't want them to be crippled by my blind spots.

I ran on Friday, and felt exhausted. I am not sure if it was lack of sleep, or allergies, or just the end of a long week. I took yesterday off. Today is grey and windy, but I think I might enjoy it. I want to bump up my miles a little. I need new shoes.

This is the last week of my class. Everything is due by Saturday, but I would like to get it done by Friday. So many things are beginning and ending this month. School, summer, etc. I feel like I am bobbing downstream, so quickly, that I am missing the sights. I hope the summer takes its time. Ah, I hope for so many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment