Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

I'm Awake!

I am quoting my youngest son. Once when he was about two or so, he bounded into my bedroom with this proclamation. "I'm Awake!" It came to mind because I did have an awakening of some kind. A paragraph I found that was meant for me. Truth that I needed to hear. That is how I feel right now. I can assign it to many things, but maybe sometimes you just decide that you have caused yourself enough pain.

So, I went running THREE TIMES this week. I cannot remember the last time I ran three times in a week. I have to realize how important some things are. Running is one of them. That third run was a little achey, but I felt good. I was happy to be able to run.

Music and writing are the others that I have let go, as evidenced by the fact I have not written here in nearly a month. I have seen you are checking on me. Thanks. It is good to know someone is looking for me.

And I have stopped playing indoor soccer. I think I lost heart after my sweetheart lost another ACL and the team fell apart piece by piece. Someone even quit because the keeper yelled at her. Really???

Now is the time of the job-applying, the interviews, the waiting and wondering and postulation. Happily it is also the time of school ending and summer beginning. Road trips and boating and camping. I want time to stretch out slowly from now until September. I want to savor every moment and not waste time. I want to purge all of the useless clutter from my life.

I have had a ton of good this past week. I want to remember that when the week does not go so well, that my state of mind is still within my control.

See you soon.

Hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment