Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

And then...

It is very interesting to me to look at the gauge and see when people are checking in. Don't think I don't notice. But hey, it is a blog after all, so if you know who I am, then I guess certain moments may become more interesting than others. Okay, enough vague references.

We all survived spring break. I had a good time with the little ones. We did Oaks Park, the Portland Aquarium, Powell's Books :) and then went down to Salem to see the big boys and explore the children's museum. We spent a ton of time in the hotel pool and jacuzzi. We got an upgrade--with a discount--in our room, as I could not get wifi (horror) and the bathtub was clogged. It was kind of funny to tell the kids at bedtime,"Pick up everything and throw it into the car, we're moving." Did not faze them a bit. But they are really cool kids, so why am I surprised?

The weather in Salem was beautiful, and my friend Doug took me to a local park to run. It was the best run I have had in quite some time. At first the sun was out, partly cloudy, and as I was looping around the park, drinking the sea-level air, blissing out on music and my 44-year-old invulnerability, a double rainbow appeared in the sky. There was this father and his four sons playing soccer, a Lacrosse practice, people half my age struggling to make it up the negligible incline. I felt like I was master of the universe. Why can't runs always be that way?

Returned home and I was exhausted. Been having some health issues, but it was more than that. It was mental fatigue from doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I slept and slept and slept. I watched tv, I read a book. I did a few domestic tasks. Yesterday I finally ran again. It wasn't great. I am easily fatigued and aching. It hurts to type right now. My body is trying to tell me something. Don't have much control over it. And I have a friend who is MIA, which worries me.

There were a few bright spots: reconciliation and a night out with the girls, which gave me some renewal and affirmation.

And then, and then, and then...

No comments:

Post a Comment