Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Break

I am marveling about how time has passed, and how much has happened since my last spring break.

Running has not been going well. I ran today and the last time was at least 10 days before, and before that...refer to the previous post. I have been playing soccer twice a week, which has improved my skill and given me a mental boost. I am really loving the two teams!!! However, i have also been sick for nearly two weeks. So far, I have made it to work, and only cancelled some tutoring.

I think I have just been stressed. I still struggle with my fears. I had to go through the process of having my child support reduced, because apparently 7400 is not enough for him, when I only make 700, with occasional $ from tutoring. I am not going to complain any more. It just does not make sense.

I finished my practicum. I need to nut up and investigate all the other details and update my application, before I miss out on something. I really want to stay at Juniper, though. I really love it there.

I turned down a part in a play, decided not to audition for one I had a ton of encouragement for, and the only one I was interested in, I am too young for. I thought so, but I still wanted it. I think it was more a lesson of what is important in my life right now. My children, my partner, my career. These things need to come first. And what has theater brought me? A few good friendships. However, a great deal of what constitutes immature, immoral behavior. I don't mean in any "religious" context. Just lies, betrayal, gossip. I may be done.

I am launching in to one of those long stretches with the children. It is a mix of joy and laughter and tolerance. But these are the days they will remember. And someday they won't want to go.

Time.

Hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment