Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

State your purpose


I went running twice this week! YAY! I might have finally got out of the doldrums of my running. I would be happy with at least one more run, but perhaps I'll sneak in two. Then, I will try to bump up the mileage just a little next week. Maybe even a fall race :D

I have been feeling a little fleshy lately. My bad habit/good habit balance has not been as it should be. Too much snacking, too little water, staying up late for no good reason, etc. Certainly it is part of my mental fatigue as well. And, you can't discount hormonal influences.

My state of mind has been primarily affected by three job interviews that have resulted in no job. I think two of the three I did as best as I could, the last one just felt weird. But I am trying to tell myself that it all happens for a reason. I need to do my practicum this fall. I can substitute and have a more flexible schedule. Yep.

School starts one week from today. They will be in 2nd and 5th grade. Where does all the time go?

I have more or less successfully committed to running for six months now. I need to start committing to writing, completing my projects and putting them out there for the world to see. It's really the same sort of exercise. And it points back to what I was talking about last week--using my time for myself--for something that is meaningful. Living with more purpose.

Hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment