Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

One Weak

I went running once since I wrote this past week (technically twice, I guess). I went out on Saturday, as it was overcast, and I thought I would beat the heat. Going out was fine, 15 minutes brought me to a pretty decent turnaround point. As reached minute 25, I hit a wall of heat and nausea that I have not experienced in many months. I actually walked, which is shameful to me on a normal day. I walked for about 90 seconds and tried again. Then I walked for another minute and was able to run the rest of the way home. (Strangely, I did not lose 2.5 minutes of time, only about a minute.) When I started my cool down walk around the block I was not sweating at all. Then, as I crossed the threshold of the house, I began to sweat and shiver. My skin broke out in goosebumps. I crawled into my bed and had fever and chills for about 45 minutes. Oy.

Today was the first time I tried to run again. Obviously, I was more affected by that virus than I thought last week. Today was pretty good. Cool breeze, great tunes, and, while I can tell I am not 100% as of yet, I feel a heck of a lot better than last week.

The employment front is not yet hopeless, but I sometimes wish things were not such a struggle in that area. I try to remain optimistic. I try.

I have had several flashes of thought toward a central realization about how I spend my time. Time is a curious currency, and I am beginning to see it in a different light. Redefining wasted time. Searching for how to spend it effectively with the ones you love and avoiding that paralyzing ache when I am alone. Because that is time I should spend with myself. That is definitely part of what running is for me. I need a few more extensions.

One political comment: I don't want to make any predictions yet, but if the R's continue in this manner, I have more hope than I did a few weeks ago.

I finally read a whole book for my own enjoyment!!! I read The Road by Cormac McCarthy. While it was not the most uplifting experience I have had, especially considering the state of mind I was in at the time, it was very well written and touched me a great deal. For me, I think it really impressed upon me the faith that children have in their parents. I know I have had occasion to disappoint my children. I have also had the gift of grace. As my oldest two celebrate their birthdays next month, I cannot believe the depth and breadth of the changes we have all experienced. These adults that tell me they love me still. My heart is fit to burst.

Peace,

hollyj

No comments:

Post a Comment