Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The River of No Return

Hello!
Just returned home from a glorious week on the Salmon River. Thanks to all who made it possible. Especially my oldest son, who took care of the house, the yard, the cats, and appropriately had a party the night before my return.

At any rate, the trip was lovely. The weather was variable. The people were funny, smart, talented, and great team players. The river was big, HUGE water. I can't believe I've run it in a hard shell before. I took my trusty purple inflatable and, with the exception of one rapid, in which my kayak decided to switch to autopilot, I ran the whole river clean. I won't soon forget this trip. It is very hard to transition back to "real life".

Speaking of transitioning, I could have gone running when I returned. I had/have plenty of time. But, I just want to dive into everything tomorrow. The housecleaning, the laundry, the schoolwork and job applications. So, up an at 'em for four miles of "let's see what my legs will do after 12 days of rest" and then buckle down and get some stuff done.

I am happy, happy girl.


And then you sense a change
Nothin' feels the same
All your dreams are strange

No comments:

Post a Comment